Maureen Ungarean has resigned from her position as acting superintendent and principal of Bon Meade Elementary School effective Sept. 10, according to a district press release. Ungarean plans to relocate with her family.
The board appointed Caroline Johns, principal of Allard Elementary Principal and director of instruction, to replace Ungarean as acting superintendent effective Sept. 11.
Johns is working on her doctorate in school leadership at the University of Pittsburgh. She lives with her husband and son in Moon and has her bachelors of science in elementary education, masters of education in special education, and is an educational specialist in administration, according to a news release.
Johns has taught fifth through 12th grades and spent three years as a middle school assistant principal.
Additional changes in administration include the following:
- Susan Kazmierczak has been appointed to the Bon Meade Elementary principal.
- Jeffrey Carter will serve as acting principal at Allard Elementary.
- Christopher Herman is the acting assistant principal at the high school effective Tuesday, Aug 27 with an end date to be determined.
- Vanessa Strassner from her position as special education teacher at Hyde Elementary School.
- Kathleen Danner, dishwasher/server at Bon Meade Elementary School effective immediately.
- Beverly Black, teacher/playground Assistant, effective immediately.
- Lynn McDonald as special education assistant at the high school effective immediately.
- Sean Snowden, transition facilitator at the High School effective Aug. 20.
- Jordan Burkes, assistant girls volleyball coach (A-2) effective immediately.
- Eric Thompson, varsity boys basketball assistant coach effective immediately.
- Janet Hall, dishwasher/server at Allard Elementary School effective Aug. 30.
Join Patch for more community news or join us on Facebook and Twitter.