According to a study by The Washington Times, U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Upper St. Clair, is the fifth worst boss on Capitol Hill based on staff turnover rates.
The Washington Times analyzed a decade of congressional pay records to find the offices with the highest turnover rates and it found that Murphy has a 42 percent average turnover rate, peaking at 64 percent in 2006.
Four other representatives had turnover rates higher than Murphy:
- 53 percent Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, Texas Democrat
- 47 percent Rep. Betty Sutton, Ohio Democrat
- 46 percent Rep. Michele Bachmann, Minnesota Republican
- 43 percent Rep. Jane Lakes Harman, California Democrat
- (tied) 42 percent Rep. Tim Murphy, Pennsylvania Republican; 42 percent Rep. Pete Olson, Texas Republican
Murphy won his sixth term as Congressman in November. His district includes Moon and Crescent townships.