As kids head back to school in the next couple of weeks, drivers must be responsible about sharing the road with school buses.
Here are a few reminders about the law concerning school buses:
• When meeting or overtaking a stopped school bus with red signal lights flashing and a “stop” arm extended, drivers MUST STOP.
• When approaching an intersection where a school bus is stopped with red signal lights and stop arm extended, drivers MUST STOP.
• Be sure to stop at least 10 feet from the school bus, and watch children exiting the bus. Do not move until they have reached a place of safety.
• Drivers do not have to stop on a highway with clearly defined dividing sections or physical barriers providing separate roadways when the school bus is on the opposite side of the road.
• If the law is violated, motorists will receive a 60-day driver license suspension, five points on a driving record and a $250 fine.
For more information on school bus safety, click here.
A Splashing Success
Thanks to Sen. Matt Smith, D-Allegheny/Washington for getting me drenched in the dunk tank at North Fayette Community Day in support of Cub Scout Pack 848.
Save the Date! Hunting on Airport Property Town Hall Meeting
Thursday, Aug. 29 at 6:30 p.m. in the Findlay Township Activity Center, 310 Main St., Imperial.
With archery season set to begin in September, Sen. Matt Smith (D-Allegheny /Washington) and I will be co-hosting a follow-up Town Hall meeting to present up to date information and further the discussion regarding hunting on airport property.
During this public forum, attendees will once again have the opportunity to have their questions answered by a panel comprised of the Airport Authority and several governmental agencies, including the US Department of Agriculture and the Pennsylvania Game Commission.
Tell your friends and neighbors!