Officers from the Moon Township-based West Hills DUI Task Force arrested more than a dozen people for drug and alcohol-related offenses on Saturday during a sobriety checkpoint.
Police in Moon, Robinson, Kennedy, Coraopolis, Findlay, North Fayette and other departments took part in the effort.
The operation, in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Police Department, was conducted from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Steubenville Pike in Robinson.According to Moon Sgt. Doug Ogden, director of the task force:
- 723 cars passed though the checkpoint
- 16 people were arrested for DUI
- 1 person was arrested for a gun charge
- 3 people were arrested for drug possession
- 1 person was cited for underage drinking
- 17 people were cited for various traffic violations