Officers from the Moon Township-based West Hills DUI Task Force arrested more than a dozen motorists for drug and alcohol-related offenses during a recent checkpoint.
Police in Moon, Robinson, Coraopolis and other departments took part in the effort.
The checkpoint was conducted from 10 p.m. March 16 to 3 a.m. March 17 on Ohio River Boulevard in Emsworth.
The West Hills DUI Task Force, funded through state grant dollars, works to deter impaired driving in the Pittsburgh region.
According to Moon Sgt. Doug Ogden, director of the task force:
- 11 people were charged with drunken driving during the checkpoint
- 4 people were charged with drug possession
- 890 cars passed through the checkpoint
- 7 people were cited for driving with a suspended license
- 14 people were cited for traffic violations