Motorists will have to contend with ramp closures off Ewing road through October.
The Allegheny County Airport Authority soon will begin a $950,000 project to improve the Interstate 376 and Ewing Road intersection in the township, according to a PennDOT announcement.
The project will include construction of a new roundabout for the roadway's I-376's on-and-off ramps. Construction will begin on June 27, weather permitting.
On-and-off ramps for the eastbound I-376 business loop will be closed until the project's planned late-October completion. The primary contractor is Imperial-based Golden Triangle Construction Co. Inc.
The authority obtained a highway occupancy permit for the project.
PennDOT has provided the following suggested detour routes for motorists:
- Continue east on Business 376
- Take ramp to westbound I-376
- Exit at the McClaren/Coraopolis Imperial Road Interchange (Exit 56)
- Turn left at stop
- Cross over I-376
- Take on-ramp to eastbound I-376
- Exit at ramp to westbound Business 376
- Take off-ramp at Ewing Road interchange
- End detour
- Take the on-ramp from Ewing Road to westbound Business 376
Continue to the Thorn Run Road off-ramp
- Exit and turn right
- Bear right and cross over Business 376
- Take the on-ramp to eastbound Business 376
- End detour