You better bundle up this week as bitterly cold temperatures are expected to move into the Pittsburgh area.
According to the National Weather Service in Moon Township, the middle of the week will have lows in single digits and highs in the teens. Meteorologists are also forecasting 1 to 3 inches of snow on Monday with a slight chance of snow Tuesday.
North of Allegheny County, 6 to 10 inches of snow are expected to accumulate.
Look below to see a more detailed forecast…
- MLK Day: Snow. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday night: Snow showers likely, mainly before 7 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -12. West wind 13 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 11. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west wind 17 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 %.
- Tuesday Night: A slight chance of snow showers before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. West wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.