Crack sealing operations will occur weeknights 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Thursday, Sept. 19 to Friday, Oct. 4 in the following locations:
- Routes 65 and 19 ramps at Marshall, Beaver and California Avenues in Pittsburgh
- Route 65 ramps at Reedsdale Street and Ridge Avenue in Pittsburgh
- Route 65 ramps at I-79 and Deer Run Road in Glenfield
- I-376 Business loop ramps at I-376 (Parkway West) in Moon Township
- I-376 (Parkway West) ramps at Ewing and McClaren Roads in Moon
- I-376 (Parkway West) ramps at Clinton and Flaugherty Run Road in Findlay Township
- Route 22/30 ramps at Steubenville Pike (McDonald interchange) in North Fayette Township.
All ramps will remain open during the operations.
Crack and joint sealing is a preservation activity that prolongs the life of road surfaces by preventing moisture from entering cracks and joints. Moisture can cause potholes and premature deterioration requiring more costly repairs.
PennDOT advises motorists to use caution, slow down, and expect changing traffic patterns when traveling through these areas.