Patch 101: How to Blog on Robinson-Moon Patch
Learn how you can get started blogging on Patch.
At Robinson-Moon Patch, we're always looking for local bloggers—individuals in the community with smart insight or expertise to share with our readers.
We want you to take part in community-based discourse and chime in on the issues in your neighborhood that matter most to you. And we make it ridiculously easy to join in on the conversation.
Interested in taking part in our Local Voices section?
- Are you passionate about local issues?
- Do you have a hobby or craft that you want to share?
- Do you have advice that you think could better your neighbors?
- Can you make us all laugh?
- Do you have a question you'd like to pose to local leaders?
- Do you love taking photos from around town?
We look forward to featuring your voice on Patch. Visit our Local Voices section to see which bloggers are already up and running on the site.
- Log In to Patch.
- Select the template. Use "Standard" if you're writing a post, or use "Media" if you are only uploading a photo, video or PDF.
- Write a compelling title that will attract readers to your blog.
- Type the body of your post. This is where you say what you want.
- Add hyperlinks to articles you mention, website you talk about or to your other blogs.
- Select the "ABC check mark" button to make sure you've spelled everything correctly.
- Write a brief description about what you just wrote. IE: 10 steps on how to make vegetarian lasagna.
- Upload a photo, if you want.
And you're set. After selecting "Save & Preview" at the very bottom of the blog form, the editor of the site will receive an alert that a new blog post has been submitted.
And remember, if you have any questions feel free to get in touch with Moon and Robinson-area Local Editor Jenna Staul.